Kushi Macrobiotic Level I Kushi Level
Venue: Finca Santa Clara, Brihuega, Guadalajara, 19400, Spain
Starting on Sunday 4 August 2019 @ 10:30
Duration: 12 DaysView all dates and times
Level 1 is intended for beginners and those who are new to macrobiotics. It introduces basic aspects of the macrobiotic approach for making meaningful improvements in the quality of our lives through adjustments in the way we eat, select our food, cook and incorporate healthful lifestyle practices into our daily life. The course contains practical advice and step-by-step guidance towards succeeding in improving modern dietary, lifestyle habits. Also contributing to environmental sustainability and social improvement. In addition the students learn practical ways to develop themselves through macrobiotic philosophy that is helpful to make better choices, maintain greater balance and feel a growing sense of inner peace and wellbeing.
Level 1 - Curriculum Overview and Highlights
- Introduction to the macrobiotic way of eating with emphasis on achieving overall balance through adjustment of food proportions
- Improving food choices and learning to select natural quality, wholesome foods
- Tips for improving dietary habits and making dietary changes in a more healthful direction
- How to succeed maintaining nutritional balance through our daily way of eating
- How to meet daily nutritional requirements of important nutrients including carbohydrates, protein, fats, minerals including calcium and iron, vitamins, fiber and beneficial bacteria and enzymes through a macrobiotic style plant-based diet
- Introduction to basic macrobiotic cooking techniques and developing skills in the kitchen
- Learn how to make stock and soups, cook delicious brown rice, make delicious side dishes with fresh foods and prepare natural desserts
- Become familiar cooking with a variety of whole grains and other whole grain products, fresh vegetables, beans and bean products, sea vegetables, nuts, seeds, fresh and dried fruits, natural seasonings and sweeteners and many other nourishing foods
- Implementing healthful lifestyle habits to develop body and mind
- Introduction to food energetics: applying yin and yang in the kitchen to create harmony and achieve better balance
- The importance of “how” we eat
- Creating balanced, satisfying meals with enough variety
- Adjusting our way of eating and cooking to the changes in season, different climates and particular environments
- Adapting our way of eating and cooking to take into consideration individual needs and personal goals
- International and contemporary macrobiotic cooking
- Seasonal cooking
- The rise of chronic and lifestyle-related diseases: how dietary and lifestyle factors influence our health
- Macrobiotic approach for regaining balance and optimizing health
- Relieving common conditions naturally through macrobiotic self-care, including iron-deficiency anemia, digestive problems such as constipation, headaches, sensitivity to cold, colds, influenza, skin problems, menstrual problems and others
- How to tell our health through visual diagnosis
- Creating a better world: how small changes in our lives and in our kitchens can have a considerable positive influence in the environment and society as a whole
- Refining cooking skills and increasing variety of dishes and cooking possibilities
- Cooking for strengthening health, including special dishes and home remedies
The course includes:-
- Daily cooking workshops, cooking demonstrations and lectures
- A Comprehensive Course Textbook
- All Recipes
- A Certificate of Attendance
- A Comfortable, Tranquil Training Venue in Spain
- A Substantial Macrobiotic Lunch Each Day
- All Training is in English
- International Teachers of Macrobiotics - Patricio Garcia de Paredes - Kushi Macrobiotic School Japan, Coral Lalanda, Kushi Macrobiotic School Spain & David & Nicola McCarthy, Kushi Macrobiotic School UK
Dates & Times
Starts on Sunday 4 August 2019 @ 10:30, Ends on Thursday 15 August 2019 @ 16:30 (12 Days)
Sunday 4 August 2019 10:30 to 16:30
Monday 5 August 2019 10:30 to 16:30
Tuesday 6 August 2019 10:30 to 16:30
Wednesday 7 August 2019 10:30 to 16:30
Thursday 8 August 2019 10:30 to 16:30
Friday 9 August 2019 10:30 to 16:30
Saturday 10 August 2019 10:30 to 16:30
Sunday 11 August 2019 10:30 to 16:30
Monday 12 August 2019 10:30 to 16:30
Tuesday 13 August 2019 10:30 to 16:30
Wednesday 14 August 2019 10:30 to 16:30
Thursday 15 August 2019 10:30 to 16:30
Finca Santa Clara, Brihuega (Guadalajara, Spain)
Finca Santa Clara, Brihuega, Guadalajara, 19400, Spain
A beautiful Finca set amongst the Lavender fields in the Spanish mountainous countryside and woodland just one hours drive from the busy city of Madrid.
Accomodation and evening meals can be organised/booked separately
- Shared rooms for 20 Euro per night (please book separately).
- Evening meals can be purchased at the Finca for 5 Euro/meal. There is also a cozy pizza and pasta restaurant restaurant at the Finca as another option.
David is co-director and founder of the Kushi Macrobiotic School UK, a centre of excellence for teaching macrobiotics in Mid Sussex, England. He is a Pharmacist and Internationally recognised macrobiotic teacher, counsellor and natural health advocate.
Following his son Jonathan's brain tumour diagnosis that led to his death at the age of ten, David felt he had exhausted the avenues offered by modern medicine and turned to a more holistic approach. For more than twenty years David has studied natural approaches to healing and the healing power of food, from Ayurveda to veganism. Eventually his path lead him to macrobiotics, in which he has found a powerful balance.
David studied Macrobiotics at the Kushi Institute of Europe in Amsterdam, deepening his knowledge with invaluable teaching from Michio Kushi himself as well as other leading teachers in the USA and Europe.
David has educated people from all over the world, from all walks of life, advising how to improve their health with better food choices. He continues to actively teach macrobiotics in the UK and throughout Europe and the USA and is dedicated to the promotion of personal and planetary health.
As a macrobiotic counsellor, David guides others to strengthen or recover their own health.
Nicola is co-director and founder of the Kushi Macrobiotic School UK, a centre of excellence for teaching macrobiotics in Mid Sussex, England. She is an internationally recognised teacher of natural healing and macrobiotics and has expert knowledge of the healing power of food.
Nicola has dedicated over twenty years to the healing arts with focus on macrobiotics, reflexology, massage and hands-on healing. She studied macrobiotics at the Kushi Institute of Europe in Amsterdam, deepening her knowledge with invaluable teaching from Michio Kushi himself as well as other leading teachers in the USA and Europe.
Nicola has a deep understanding of macrobiotics and is passionate about natural healing. She sparkles with life and loves nothing more than to share the knowledge that changed her life. Her legendary cooking demonstrations will have you wanting to jump into the kitchen and get started and her enthusiasm for her subject is contagious. She has even been known to provide macrobioitc food for the odd Hollywood celebrity!
Patricio Garcia de Paredes
Patricio was introduced to macrobiotics at the age of five by his mother, Luchi Baranda, in his native country of Spain.
After graduating from the Kushi Institute in Boston & Becket MA USA, he began to teach and give cooking classes in Southeast Asia, South America, and Spain. In 1998 he moved to Japan to spread macrobiotics through developing macrobiotic restaurants, giving cooking classes, presenting lectures, and publishing macrobiotic cookbooks.
In Japan, he was executive chef at the Kushi Garden and the Chaya Macrobiotic restaurant and for many years was the Educational Director of the Kushi Institute of Japan. He has recently opened the Kushi Macrobiotic School in Tokyo, to which we are affliated. He maintains a busy international schedule and currently lives in Japan with his wife and children.
Coral is from Spain and graduated from the Kushi Institute in Becket, Massachussets in 1991. She was first introduced to Macrobiotics at a young age by Patrcio Garcia de Paredes' mother, Luisa Baranda. Since then, she has been living the macrobiotic way, bringing up three children and helping many parents who wanted their children to grow in a more healthy and balanced way. A tireless traveller, she loves diving into different cultures, markets and traditional foods of the world which have given her a more comprehensive view of life. Right now Coral is an active teacher in Madrid and also travels internationally giving Macrobiotic cooking classes and workshops.