Kushi Macrobiotic Level 2 Kushi Level
Venue: Can Pep, Santa, Gertrudis, Ibiza, 07814 , Spain
Starting on Sunday 19 April 2020 @ 17:00
Duration: 12 DaysView all dates and times
Early Bird Price: £1,995 (available before 19/01/2020)
Pay the full Early Bird price now to receive your Early Bird discount.
Deposit Payable: £600
Pay the deposit now to reserve your space at the full price. Please note the deposit is non-refundable and isn't available for Early Bird prices or where discount codes are used.
Beyond the introduction and fundamental aspects for personal transformation covered in Level 1, Kushi Macrobiotic Level II takes a deeper and wider look at macrobiotics. It goes into more detail showing the nutritional and dietary advantages of the macrobiotic approach with particular emphasis understanding the benefits of the traditional Japanese way of eating and balanced plant-based diets. As we discover new, practical applications in daily life for the use of yin and yang theory, the course also explores other macrobiotic views based on oriental notions like Ki energy and the 5-transformations, practical tools helpful for enhancing health and alleviating common problems. The course also focuses on how to take better care of the whole family and touches on various key issues including pregnancy, giving birth and raising children. In Level II cooking becomes more specific and includes interesting workshops and informative cooking classes focused on certain themes, including the application of yin and yang and 5-transformation theories to strengthen overall health as well as help relieving particular conditions.
The Macrobiotic Leadership Programme is a Kushi Macrobiotic certificated and internationally recognised programme offering an in-depth study of macrobiotics. The course was originally developed by Michio and Aveline Kushi and was taught at the Kushi Institute in the United States from the 1970's. Since then people from all over the world and from all walks of life interested in the macrobiotic approach have taken the course whether for personal reasons or professional purposes. At present the programme is being offered at various locations around the world. Thus making it more accessible and better suited to meet the demands of a growing interest for leading more balanced, healthy lifestyles. The course integrates holistic and environmentally sound and sustainable practices in a contemporary society.
A Course Designed for You
The Macrobiotic Leadership Programme is a comprehensive course containing a wealth of information and macrobiotic knowledge. Alongside this, with personal guidance from your teachers and hands-on practice provides an opportunity to fully benefit from the learning experience and gain advanced skills. Whether you wish to improve your health and wellbeing, learn how to prepare balanced and delicious meals using wholesome foods, take better care of your family or broaden your view and understanding of life, the Macrobiotic Leadership Programme is for you.
Becoming a Teacher Yourself - A Career for You
The Macrobiotic Leadership Programme is also designed for those who wish to incorporate macrobiotics into their professional careers and life dream. By progressing in the course, the students acquire theoretical and practical tools, refine skills, gain experience and can further develop their abilities, qualities required in order to teach macrobiotics, help guide others and actively participate in society by contributing to create a better world.
The full course consists of three Levels (Levels 1, 2 and 3). The Level 1 and Level 2 programme can be studied in a variety of ways that suits your lifestyle:-
- Twelve Day Intensive
- Weekend Study (two or three day weekends over 5 months)
The content of the course is taught in the form of lectures and hands-on cooking classes and workshops. Levels 2 and 3 include exercise and bodywork classes.
Beyond the introduction and fundamental aspects for personal transformation covered in Level 1, Level 2 takes a deeper and wider look at macrobiotics. It goes into more detail showing the nutritional and dietary advantages of the macrobiotic approach with particular emphasis understanding the benefits of the traditional Japanese way of eating and balanced plant-based diets. As we discover new, practical applications in daily life for the use of yin and yang theory, the course also explores other macrobiotic views based on oriental notions like Ki energy and the 5-transformations, practical tools helpful for enhancing health and alleviating common problems. The course also focuses on how to take better care of the whole family and touches on various key issues including pregnancy, giving birth and raising children. In Level 2 cooking becomes more specific and includes interesting workshops and informative cooking classes focused on certain themes, including the application of yin and yang and 5-transformation theories to strengthen overall health as well as help relieving particular conditions. In addition level 2 also introduces macrobiotic exercises and certain bodywork techniques useful to develop the body and mind, release tension, manage stress and regain balance.
Curriculum Overview and Highlights
A Comprehensive Look at the Macrobiotic Way of Eating from a Nutritional Point of View, including
- Health Concerns Associated with Excessive Consumption of Simple Sugars as well as Food and Beverages with a High Glycemic Load/Excessive Consumption of Animal Protein/Excessive Consumption of Total Dietary Fat, Saturated Fat and Trans Fats/Excessive Consumption of Dietary Cholesterol and Sodium
- Health Concerns Associated with Excessive Consumption of Certain Foods, including Meat and Processed Meats/Milk and Dairy Products/Eggs/Sugar and Other Highly Processed, Refined Sweeteners/Highly Processed Foods
- Essential Fatty Acids, including Omega-6 and Omega-3
- Differences between Heme Iron and Non-Heme Iron
- A Closer Look at Calories
- The Health Benefits of Dietary Fiber
- Natural Sources of Phytochemicals and Antioxidants
- The Health Benefits and Natural Sources of Live Microorganisms, including Beneficial Bacteria and Enzymes
- The Role of Dietary Supplements
- Inflammatory and Anti-Inflammatory Foods
- The Deteriorating Quality of Our Food and Its Health Implications
- Health Benefits Associated with Plant Foods, including Whole Grains, Fresh Vegetables and Fruits and Beans
- Health Benefits Associated with Traditional Japanese Foods, including Soy Foods, Traditional Fermented Foods, Sea Vegetables and Traditional Sweeteners
- Learning to Choose the Best Quality Foods
- Current Dietary Recommendations by Health Organizations and Governmental Agencies
Macrobiotic Approach for using Yin and Yang as a Tool for Maintaining Balance and Regaining Health
Comprehensive Study of the 5-Transformations theory from a Macrobiotic Point of View and Practical Applications for Maintaining Balance and Regaining Health, including
- Classification of Seasons, Foods, Cooking and Organs According to the 5-Transformations
- TREE Energy- Liver and Gall Bladder: Function, Disorders and Natural Ways to Strengthen
- FIRE Energy- Heart and Small Intestine: Function, Disorders and Natural Ways to Strengthen
- SOIL Energy- Spleen, Pancreas and Stomach: Function, Disorders and Natural Ways to Strengthen
- METAL Energy- Lung and Large Intestine: Function, Disorders and Natural Ways to Strengthen
- WATER Energy- Kidney, Bladder and Reproductive Organs: Function, Disorders and Natural Ways to Strengthen
- Diagnosis and other Ways to Asses Our Condition According to the 5-Transformations
Ki, an Energetic View of Life
- Meridians and Chakras, the Energy Flowing Within Ourselves
Macrobiotic Approach to Self-care
- Allergies: Cause, Risk Factors, Prevention and Natural Relief, including Eczema and Atopic Dermatitis/Hay Fever/Asthma/Food Allergies/Lactose Intolerance/Other Form of Allergies
- Hypoglycemia (Chronic Low Blood Sugar): Symptoms, Cause, Risk Factors, Prevention and Natural Relief
- Infertility and Reproductive Problems (Including Men and Women): Cause, Risk Factors, Prevention and Natural Relief
- Mental and Emotional Problems: Cause, Risk Factors, Prevention and Natural Relief
Whole Family Macrobiotic Care
- Giving Birth to Healthy Children, including Suggestions Before and During Pregnancy, Natural Birth and Recovery following delivery
- Raising Happy Children, including Suggestions for Breastfeeding and Basic Care for Children
- Self-massage Exercises
- Meridian Stretches
- Exercises for Restoring Energy Flow
Cooking Classes and Workshops
- International Cooking with Soybean Products
- Homemade Pickles and Condiments
- Balance in the Kitchen: Yin and Yang Cooking Workshop
- TREE Energy: Cooking and Home Remedies to Strengthen the Liver and Gall Bladder
- FIRE Energy: Cooking and Home Remedies to Strengthen the Heart and Small Intestine
- SOIL Energy: Cooking and Home Remedies to Strengthen the Spleen, Pancreas and Stomach
- METAL Energy: Cooking and Home Remedies to Strengthen the Lungs and Large Intestine
- WATER Energy: Cooking and Home Remedies to Strengthen the Kidneys and Bladder
- Cooking and Home Remedies to Relieve Allergies Naturally
- Cooking and Home Remedies to Relieve Hypoglycemia Naturally
- Cooking and Home Remedies for Strengthening Reproductive Health
- Cooking for Women During Pregnancy and After Delivery
- Cooking for Babies and Small Children
Dates & Times
Starts on Sunday 19 April 2020 @ 17:00, Ends on Thursday 30 April 2020 @ 17:00 (12 Days)
Sunday 19 April 2020 17:00 to 21:00
Monday 20 April 2020 10:30 to 17:00
Tuesday 21 April 2020 10:30 to 17:00
Wednesday 22 April 2020 10:30 to 17:00
Thursday 23 April 2020 10:30 to 17:00
Friday 24 April 2020 10:30 to 17:00
Saturday 25 April 2020 10:30 to 17:00
Sunday 26 April 2020 10:30 to 17:00
Monday 27 April 2020 10:30 to 17:00
Tuesday 28 April 2020 10:30 to 17:00
Wednesday 29 April 2020 10:30 to 17:00
Thursday 30 April 2020 10:30 to 17:00
Santa Gertrudis, Ibiza
Can Pep, Santa, Gertrudis, Ibiza, 07814 , Spain
Can Pep is our home-based macrobiotic cookery school located in the nurturing and beautiful surroundings of rural Santa Gertrudis, Ibiza, the perfect place for undistrurbed marobiotic study.
It provides a vibrant yet peaceful ambience, ideally suited to the content of our classes and courses and we love to welcome students into our personal space to teach them what we know. For those that are wi-fi sensitive (and those who aren't!), please note that we are wi-fi free but can switch it on for occassional use.
We have limited en-suite guest accommodation on site, this is not included in the course fee and if you would like to stay with us, please enquire by email for availability.
David is co-director and founder of the Kushi Macrobiotic School UK, a centre of excellence for teaching macrobiotics in both Ibiza and the UK. He is a Pharmacist and Internationally recognised macrobiotic teacher, counsellor and natural health advocate.
When David's ten year old son, Jonathan, was diagnosed with a brain tumour and given just a few weeks to live, Davids standing as a Pharmacist was challenged in a big way. There was nothing modern medicine could offer to cure his cancer and so David immediately turned to diet and a holistic approach for answers. Jonathan defied the odds and live a full and happy life for almost another two years before suddenly passing away from an unrelated infection. The gift Jonathan left his Father was a thirst for knowledge of diet and natural healing methods and a quest to educate himself and others. For the last twenty years David has studied natural approaches to healing and the healing power of food, from Ayurveda to veganism. Eventually his path lead him to macrobiotics.
David has educated people from all over the world, from all walks of life, advising how to improve their health with better food and lifestyle choices. He continues to actively teach macrobiotics in Ibiza and the UK, throughout Europe and the USA and is dedicated to the promotion of personal and planetary health.
As a macrobiotic counsellor, David guides others to strengthen or recover their own health.
Nicola is co-director and founder of the Kushi Macrobiotic School Ibiza & UK, a centre of excellence for teaching macrobiotics in Ibiza & the UK. She is an internationally recognised teacher of natural healing and macrobiotics and has expert knowledge of the healing power of food.
Nicola has dedicated over twenty years to the healing arts with focus on macrobiotics, reflexology, massage and hands-on healing. She studied macrobiotics at the Kushi Institute of Europe in Amsterdam, deepening her knowledge with invaluable teaching from Michio Kushi himself as well as other leading teachers in the USA and Europe.
Nicola has a deep understanding of macrobiotics and is passionate about natural healing. She sparkles with life and loves nothing more than to share the knowledge that changed her life. Her legendary cooking demonstrations will have you wanting to jump into the kitchen and get started and her enthusiasm for her subject is contagious. She has even been known to provide macrobioitc food for the odd Hollywood celebrity!
Originally from the Czech Republic, and now living in the Netherlands, Jarka graduated from the Kushi Institute of Europe and now teaches Do-In, Shiatsu, Macrobiotic cooking classes and workshops.