Kushi Macrobiotic Level 1 (Part A) Kushi Level
Venue: Parkstone, Poole, Dorset, BH, United Kingdom
Starting on Sunday 7 June 2020 @ 18:00
Duration: 7 DaysView all dates and times
Kushi Macrobiotics Leadership Programme Level I is intended for beginners and those who are new to macrobiotics. It introduces basic aspects of the macrobiotic approach for making meaningful improvements in the quality of our lives through adjustments in the way we eat and select our food, cook and incorporate healthy lifestyle practices.
The course contains practical advice and step-by-step guidance towards succeeding and improving modern dietary and lifestyle habits and making profound life changes with long-term benefits while also contributing to environmental sustainability and social improvement. In addition the students explore original macrobiotic views and learn practical ways to develop themselves through self-care that are helpful to make better choices, maintain greater balance and feel a growing sense of inner peace and wellbeing.
The venue for this Level 1 (Part a) is in beautiful Poole, Dorset with the stunning peninsula of Sandbanks nearby. Here you will find undoubtedly the BEST beach on the south coast of England and the perfect place to enjoy an evening walk after your macrobiotic study.
Accommodation is not included but there are many places to stay nearby.
A full and varied macrobiotic lunch is included each day in the course fee.
The Macrobiotic Leadership Programme is a Kushi Macrobiotic certificated and internationally recognised programme offering an in-depth study of macrobiotics. The course was originally developed by Michio and Aveline Kushi and was taught at the Kushi Institute in the United States from the 1970's. Since then people from all over the world and from all walks of life interested in the macrobiotic approach have taken the course whether for personal reasons or professional purposes. At present the programme is being offered at various locations around the world. Thus making it more accessible and better suited to meet the demands of a growing interest for leading more balanced, healthy lifestyles. The course integrates holistic and environmentally sound and sustainable practices in a contemporary society.
A Course Designed for You
The Macrobiotic Leadership Programme is a comprehensive course containing a wealth of information and macrobiotic knowledge. Alongside this, with personal guidance from your teachers and hands-on practice provides an opportunity to fully benefit from the learning experience and gain advanced skills. Whether you wish to improve your health and wellbeing, learn how to prepare balanced and delicious meals using wholesome foods, take better care of your family or broaden your view and understanding of life, the Macrobiotic Leadership Programme is for you.
Becoming a Teacher Yourself - A Career for You
The Macrobiotic Leadership Programme is also designed for those who wish to incorporate macrobiotics into their professional careers and life dream. By progressing in the course, the students acquire theoretical and practical tools, refine skills, gain experience and can further develop their abilities, qualities required in order to teach macrobiotics, help guide others and actively participate in society by contributing to create a better world.
The full course consists of three Levels (Levels 1, 2 and 3). The Level 1 and Level 2 programme can be studied in a variety of ways that suits your lifestyle:-
- Twelve Day Intensive
- Weekend Study (two or three day weekends over 5 months)
The content of the course is taught in the form of lectures and hands-on cooking classes and workshops. Levels 2 and 3 include exercise and bodywork classes.
Level I - A Typical Day
|10.30-11.30am||Lecture - The Macrobiotic Approach to Relieving Common Health Conditions|
|11.30-1.30pm||Cooking Workshop - Home Remedies|
|2.15-5pm||Cooking Workshop - Yin & Yang in Cooking|
A Typical Meal prepared on a Workshop
|Cold Somen Noodles with Sesame Dipping Sauce|
|Sweet & Sour Seitan with Vegetables|
|Deep Fried Marinated Vegetables (Agebidashi)|
|Sea Vegetable Salad with Umeboshi Dressing|
|Baked Tofu Cheesecake|
Meals - We will provide a substantial meal at lunchtime each day. This is either prepared by the students in a cooking workshop or by one of our trained Macrobiotic Chefs. The food is of a very high standard, macrobiotic quality, locally sourced and organic where possible.
Level 1 is intended for beginners and those who are new to macrobiotics. It introduces basic aspects of the macrobiotic approach for making meaningful improvements in the quality of our lives through adjustments in the way we eat, select our food, cook and incorporate healthful lifestyle practices into our daily life. The course contains practical advice and step-by-step guidance towards succeeding in improving modern dietary, lifestyle habits. Also contributing to environmental sustainability and social improvement. In addition the students learn practical ways to develop themselves through macrobiotic philosophy that is helpful to make better choices, maintain greater balance and feel a growing sense of inner peace and wellbeing.
Level 1 - Curriculum Overview and Highlights
- Introduction to the macrobiotic way of eating with emphasis on achieving overall balance through adjustment of food proportions
- Improving food choices and learning to select natural quality, wholesome foods
- Tips for improving dietary habits and making dietary changes in a more healthful direction
- How to succeed maintaining nutritional balance through our daily way of eating
- How to meet daily nutritional requirements of important nutrients including carbohydrates, protein, fats, minerals including calcium and iron, vitamins, fiber and beneficial bacteria and enzymes through a macrobiotic style plant-based diet
- Introduction to basic macrobiotic cooking techniques and developing skills in the kitchen
- Learn how to make stock and soups, cook delicious brown rice, make delicious side dishes with fresh foods and prepare natural desserts
- Become familiar cooking with a variety of whole grains and other whole grain products, fresh vegetables, beans and bean products, sea vegetables, nuts, seeds, fresh and dried fruits, natural seasonings and sweeteners and many other nourishing foods
- Implementing healthful lifestyle habits to develop body and mind
- Introduction to food energetics: applying yin and yang in the kitchen to create harmony and achieve better balance
- The importance of “how” we eat
- Creating balanced, satisfying meals with enough variety
- Adjusting our way of eating and cooking to the changes in season, different climates and particular environments
- Adapting our way of eating and cooking to take into consideration individual needs and personal goals
- International and contemporary macrobiotic cooking
- Seasonal cooking
- The rise of chronic and lifestyle-related diseases: how dietary and lifestyle factors influence our health
- Macrobiotic approach for regaining balance and optimizing health
- Relieving common conditions naturally through macrobiotic self-care, including iron-deficiency anemia, digestive problems such as constipation, headaches, sensitivity to cold, colds, influenza, skin problems, menstrual problems and others
- How to tell our health through visual diagnosis
- Creating a better world: how small changes in our lives and in our kitchens can have a considerable positive influence in the environment and society as a whole
- Refining cooking skills and increasing variety of dishes and cooking possibilities
- Cooking for strengthening health, including special dishes and home remedies
Dates & Times
Starts on Sunday 7 June 2020 @ 18:00, Ends on Saturday 13 June 2020 @ 16:00 (7 Days)
Sunday 7 June 2020 18:00 to 21:00
Monday 8 June 2020 10:30 to 16:00
Tuesday 9 June 2020 10:30 to 16:00
Wednesday 10 June 2020 10:30 to 16:00
Thursday 11 June 2020 10:30 to 16:00
Friday 12 June 2020 10:30 to 16:00
Saturday 13 June 2020 10:30 to 16:00
Parkstone, Poole, Dorset, BH, United Kingdom
Our venue for this Level 1 (Part a) is modern and comfortable in beautiful Poole, Dorset with the stunning peninsula of Sandbanks nearby. Here you will find undoubtedly the BEST beach on the south coast of England and the perfect place to enjoy an evening walk after your macrobiotic study.
Accommodation is not included but there are many places to stay nearby.
David is co-director and founder of the Kushi Macrobiotic School UK, a centre of excellence for teaching macrobiotics in both Ibiza and the UK. He is a Pharmacist and Internationally recognised macrobiotic teacher, counsellor and natural health advocate.
When David's ten year old son, Jonathan, was diagnosed with a brain tumour and given just a few weeks to live, Davids standing as a Pharmacist was challenged in a big way. There was nothing modern medicine could offer to cure his cancer and so David immediately turned to diet and a holistic approach for answers. Jonathan defied the odds and live a full and happy life for almost another two years before suddenly passing away from an unrelated infection. The gift Jonathan left his Father was a thirst for knowledge of diet and natural healing methods and a quest to educate himself and others. For the last twenty years David has studied natural approaches to healing and the healing power of food, from Ayurveda to veganism. Eventually his path lead him to macrobiotics.
David has educated people from all over the world, from all walks of life, advising how to improve their health with better food and lifestyle choices. He continues to actively teach macrobiotics in Ibiza and the UK, throughout Europe and the USA and is dedicated to the promotion of personal and planetary health.
As a macrobiotic counsellor, David guides others to strengthen or recover their own health.
Nicola is co-director and founder of the Kushi Macrobiotic School Ibiza & UK, a centre of excellence for teaching macrobiotics in Ibiza & the UK. She is an internationally recognised teacher of natural healing and macrobiotics and has expert knowledge of the healing power of food.
Nicola has dedicated over twenty years to the healing arts with focus on macrobiotics, reflexology, massage and hands-on healing. She studied macrobiotics at the Kushi Institute of Europe in Amsterdam, deepening her knowledge with invaluable teaching from Michio Kushi himself as well as other leading teachers in the USA and Europe.
Nicola has a deep understanding of macrobiotics and is passionate about natural healing. She sparkles with life and loves nothing more than to share the knowledge that changed her life. Her legendary cooking demonstrations will have you wanting to jump into the kitchen and get started and her enthusiasm for her subject is contagious. She has even been known to provide macrobioitc food for the odd Hollywood celebrity!